(ORLANDO, Fla.) – City, state and federal officials are working through the carnage of the deadly nightclub shooting in Orlando, Florida and have begun announcing the names of the victims.
At least 50 people were killed and 53 others injured at the gay club, called Pulse Orlando, when a shooter opened fire early Sunday morning.
The city has released the following names and ages of the deceased after contacting their next of kin:
- Edward Sotomayor Jr., 34
- Stanley Almodovar III, 23
- Luis Omar Ocasio-Capo, 20
- Juan Ramon Guerrero, 22
- Eric Ivan Ortiz-Rivera, 36
- Peter O. Gonzalez-Cruz, 22
- Luis S. Vielma, 22
- Kimberly Morris, 37
- Eddie Jamoldroy Justice, 30
- Darryl Roman Burt II, 29
- Deonka Deidra Drayton, 32
- Alejandro Barrios Martinez, 21
- Anthony Luis Laureanodisla, 25
- Jean Carlos Mendez Perez, 35
- Franky Jimmy Dejesus Velazquez, 50
- Amanda Alvear, 25
- Martin Benitez Torres, 33
- Luis Daniel Wilson-Leon, 37
- Mercedez Marisol Flores, 26
- Xavier Emmanuel Serrano Rosado, 35
- Gilberto Ramon Silva Menendez, 25
Separately, Christine Leinonen told ABC News that she has been notified that her son, Christopher, 32, is among the dead.
Copyright © 2016, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
Recent posts in National News