(SAN BERNARDINO, Calif.) — Both suspected shooters in the deadly San Bernardino, California, attack were radicalized and had “been for quite some time,” the FBI said on Monday.
How they were radicalized is still under investigation, said David Bowdich, assistant director at the FBI’s Los Angeles bureau.
Both shooters participated in some target practice, according to Bowdich.
Bowdich said officials “do not see any evidence of” which shooter — Syed Farook or his wife, Tashfeen Malik — “was in control.”
“And I want to be crystal clear here — we do not see any evidence so far of a plot outside the continental U.S.,” said Bowdich. “We may find it some day, we may not, we don’t know. But right now we’re looking at these two individuals and beginning to focus on building it out from there.”
“We will get to to the bottom of this,” he said. “We want to find out everyone who participated in the pre-planning, if there was anyone else.” “We don’t know everything yet,” he said, adding, “but we will leave no stone unturned.”
Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
Recent posts in National News