Home / National News / Prosecution Rests in NH Prep School Rape Trial


(CONCORD, N.H.) — The prosecution rested on Tuesday in the New Hampshire prep school rape trial.

Court adjourned for the day on Tuesday at about 4 p.m. ET, with the defense set to begin their case Wednesday. The defendant, Owen Labrie, 19, who is accused of raping a 15-year-old student at the school, is expected to testify, along with an unknown number of witnesses.

Also on Tuesday, prosecutors planned to drop one of the charges against Labrie, an endangering the welfare of a child charge.

Labrie still faces charges of aggravated felony sex assault and use of a computer to lure the victim to meet him.

Labrie has pleaded not guilty to multiple counts and says he did not have sexual intercourse with the alleged victim.

Lt. Timothy O’Malley of the Concord Police Department told ABC News earlier this month that the rape was believed to be a part of a “senior salute” competition in which students attempted to “hook up” with female students on campus.

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.


Recent posts in National News