Home / National News / 'Slender Man' Stabbing: Not Guilty Pleas Entered for Teens


(WAUKESHA, Wis.) — A Wisconsin court on Friday entered not guilty pleas on behalf of the two teen defendants in the “Slender Man” stabbing case.

Judge Michael O. Bohren also said Morgan Geyser and Anissa Weier will be tried together.

The first trial date was scheduled for Oct. 15.

The judge ruled earlier this month that Morgan and Anissa, both now 13, will go to trial in adult court. They were 12 at the time of the alleged crime.

The girls are facing first-degree attempted homicide charges. If Morgan and Anissa are convicted in the adult court system, they could each face up to 65 years in prison.

They were arrested on May, 31, 2014, after allegedly stabbing their then-12-year-old friend Payton Leutner 19 times and leaving her in the woods in their hometown of Waukesha, Wisconsin. Payton was rushed to the hospital with life threatening injuries and survived.

Prosecutors have said that both Morgan and Anissa were obsessed with the fictional character Slender Man, who is often depicted in fan fiction stories online as a horror figure who stalks children.

Authorities said Morgan repeatedly told detectives it was “necessary” to kill Payton to become “proxies” of Slender Man and live with him in his mansion in the woods.

Morgan told police their plan to kill their friend began as early as December 2013, authorities said.

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.


Recent posts in National News