Home / National News / Four Dead of Suspected Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Maine Cabin


(BYRON, Maine) — Four people and a dog were found dead of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning on Friday in a cabin in rural Maine.

Oxford County Sheriff Wayne Gallant told ABC News Saturday that the group arrived at the cabin late on Tuesday night and started a generator in order to power the refrigerator. The generator was left running in the basement.

There was no sign of alcohol or drug use that would have led to the death of the group.

Gallant said that the group may have been dead since Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, and that the bodies were found by the father of two of the victims who was showing up to celebrate his daughter’s birthday.

The cabin is in a remote area where Gallant noted there is no cell service, explaining why no one heard from the group.

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.


Recent posts in National News