(NEW YORK) — Investigators now believe the main suspect in a D.C. quadruple murder is currently in Brooklyn, New York.
Daron Dylan Wint was named by D.C.’s Metropolitan Police as the suspect in the yet-unsolved murders after they discovered his DNA at the scene, left on an uneaten pizza crust, authorities said.
D.C. Police Commissioner Cathy Lanier said Thursday that Wint is currently in Brooklyn and law enforcement officials confirmed to ABC News that the U.S. Marshals are working the case in N.Y. and in D.C. through fugitive task forces that include investigators from dozens of law enforcement agencies.
Lanier said that the investigation has determined that the attack which left four dead including a 10-year-old boy does not appear to be random.
“We do believe there is a connection between the suspect in this case through the business” of the male victim, Savvas Savopoulus, Lanier said.
Wint is believed to have previously worked at American Ironworks, a company that Savopoulus led, she said.
NYPD detective bureaus in each precinct have been alerted to the possibility the suspect may be in New York or the surrounding areas.
Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
Recent posts in National News