Home / National News / Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Suspected in Deaths of Eight in Maryland Home


(PRINCESS ANNE, Md.) –- Eight people were found dead in a home on Maryland’s Eastern Shore on Monday, all apparently dead from carbon monoxide poisoning, according to officials.

It started as a missing person’s report, when police say a concerned citizen contacted authorities in Princess Anne, Maryland, on Monday morning to say a co-worker was missing.

Authorities arriving at the scene saw no problems at the house, but went inside to find the bodies of an adult and seven children between the ages of 6 to 16.

Police chief Scott Keller said on Monday there was a situation at the home that could have caused the deadly incident.

“There was no electricity in the house and I will say there was a generator using to be run the electric in the house,” he said. “Basically a very tragic incident to have, and they’re all members of the same family.”

Keller added that there is no sign of any foul play, and cannot confirm the cause of death until the chief medical examiner examines the bodies.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.


Recent posts in National News