(ANNAPOLIS, Md.) — A sixth body was recovered Monday from the scene of a mansion fire in Annapolis, Maryland, and all occupants of the home are now believed to be accounted for, the Anne Arundel County Fire Department said.
The first two bodies were found Jan. 21 and others were found on the following days.
Tech executive Don Pyle, his wife, Sandy Pyle, and four of their grandchildren were believed to have been inside the 16,000-square-foot mansion on Jan. 19 when the fire broke out, according to relatives and neighbors.
Operations at the scene will continue for two more days, the Fire Department said Monday.
Officials have not released a cause of the four-alarm blaze.
Relatives of the victims thanked well-wishers last week in a statement. Attributed to “the Boone and Pyle families,” the statement referenced four children — Alexis (Lexi) Boone, 8, Kaitlyn (Katie) Boone, 7, Charlotte Boone, 8, and Wesley (Wes) Boone, 6 — and the Pyles, who records list as the mansion’s owners.
“We wish to express our gratitude and appreciation for the love and support being shared with us during this tragic event,” the families said. “We are blessed that so many family, friends, and neighbors have come together for us in our time of need.”
The statement added, “Our love for our family is boundless. Our loss demands time and quiet reflection to process these feelings. We ask that you respect our need for privacy.”
”Life is fragile,” the statement concluded. “Make time today to embrace your loved ones.”
Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
Recent posts in National News