(DENVER) — Police said Tuesday night they have found Paul Kitterman, the 53-year-old father who went missing during halftime at Thursday’s Denver Broncos-San Diego Chargers game.
Denver police made the announcement on their Twitter account: “DPD confirming that Paul Kitterman has been located and is safe after going missing from the Bronco Game.” A second tweet said that he had been found unharmed in Pueblo, Colorado.
Kitterman had seemed to be happy and behaving normally, his companions said, and told them that the experience of going to his first Broncos home game was “awesome.”
Soon afterwards, he vanished.
Police were letting officials at Sports Authority Field dig through the game’s surveillance footage, a process that began Monday, because of their expertise with the camera setups, Jackson said Tuesday. Any intriguing moments on the tapes were to be flagged for police.
Kitterman was last seen by his stepson when he left to go meet friends around halftime.
Kitterman, a construction worker and ranch hand from Kremmling, Colorado, did not have his cell phone or any credit cards — and only had about $50 cash — when he went to the game, friend Tia Bakke told ABC News.
“He would never bail on his son or anyone, so by Friday night we knew something was really, really, wrong,” Bakke told ABC News.
Police were not actively searching on foot for Kitterman because there was no indication a crime occurred, they said.
Besides the analysis of the surveillance footage, much of the search appeared to be in the hands of friends passing out fliers.
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio
Recent posts in National News