Home / National News / Students at New Jersey Day Care Sickened After Accidentally Drinking Bleach


(JERSEY CITY, N.J.) — Thirty students at a day care facility in Jersey City were sickened on Thursday after they a mistake caused them to drink a small amount of bleach.

The Jersey City Fire Department told ABC’s New York affiliate WABC that a substitute teacher or aide was providing the students with water, but accidentally used water from a bottle that contained a small amount of bleach used by teachers for cleaning. The incident occurred at The Growing Tree II Learning Center.

All 30 children were conscious and alert upon their arrival at Jersey City Medical Center, and none of them were believed to have suffered life-threatening injuries.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio


Recent posts in National News