Home / Music News / Jason Aldean Says CMA Awards Snub Is "Frustrating"


Jason Aldean admits feeling frustrated over the fact that he was shut out of the nominations for the CMA Awards last week.

Speaking with Rolling Stone Country, Aldean points to his successful Burn It Down tour, and his five-night run at various Major League Baseball stadiums this summer. He says, “Obviously it’s disappointing. We’re still out there selling out shows. With maybe the exception of Luke [Bryan], I don’t think there is anybody else out there that is doing the kind of touring numbers that we’re doing. It’s frustrating, man.”

Aldean adds, “It does suck a little bit when awards season comes around and you feel like you’re, as far as artists go, you’re up there at the cream of the crop, and to get overlooked like that is upsetting.”

However, he says he’s not going to “pitch a fit” over the slight. He notes other acts that he believes didn’t receive their proper due from the CMAs, including tourmates Florida Georgia Line and Tyler Farr. He laments, “Florida Georgia Line and Luke Bryan having ‘This Is How We Roll,’ one of the biggest songs of the year, and not getting a nod for [Musical Event]. I don’t really understand how they come up with that stuff.”

The CMA Awards will be held November 5.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio 


Recent posts in Music News