Home / National News / Kentucky Firefighters Shocked in Electrical Mishap During Ice Bucket Challenge


(CAMPBELLSVILLE, Ky.) — The popular ice bucket challenge has left four firefighters injured in Kentucky.

The marching band at Campbellsville University joined in on the ice bucket challenge, but instead of getting a bucket of water dumped on their heads, firefighters sprayed water on them from a ladder.  

Police Chief Tim Hazlette says the ladder got too close to a power line and the electrical current injured four firefighters.

Two of the firefighters’ injuries are serious.

The ice bucket challenge has spread across the country this summer as participants dump a bucket of ice water on their heads to raise awareness — and donations — for ALS.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio


Recent posts in National News