Home / National News / South Carolina Boy Dies After Suffering Heat Stroke in Car


(LANCASTER COUNTY, S.C.) — A 3-year-old South Carolina boy died Sunday after he was trapped inside his family’s hot car.

Officials in Lancaster County say Logan Cox suffered severe heat stroke after climbing into the car last Wednesday.

Logan was airlifted to Carolinas Medical Center in North Carolina.

His mother, Amber Bender, says she’d been asleep when her son wandered out of the house with their pet dog. Bender reportedly woke up and saw the blinkers on her car flashing, and then found her son inside the car, passed out. The dog was already dead.

It is not yet known if charges will be filed.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio


Recent posts in National News