Home / National News / Former NFL Player's Home Trashed by Teens


(NEW YORK) — Former NFL player Brian Holloway realized his home was being trashed by hundreds of partying teenagers after Twitter photos of the scene emerged over Labor Day weekend.

The Rensselaer County Sherriff’s Office confirms that between 200 and 400 people occupied Holloway’s home in upstate New York on August 31, resulting in what Holloway says is $20,000 worth of damages.

The linebacker claims his 19-year-old son was the first to spot Twitter posts revealing pictures of the teens dancing on tables and drinking from red solo cups inside his 200-acre summer home.

At the time of the party, the former offensive lineman was thousands of miles away at his current home in Lutz, Florida. By the time he tried notifying police, one officer from the Rensselaer County Sherriff’s office had already arrived on scene and broke up the party. No arrests were made.

The day after the raid, Holloway flew to his 200-acre summer home, where he found broken windows and doors, punched in walls, and sprayed graffiti.  Holloway says there were several items stolen from the home, including a piece of a memorial for Holloway’s stillborn grandson that was later anonymously returned on his front porch.

In reaction to the incident, Holloway created a website called “helpmesave300″ where he has posted the photos and messages tweeted by the teens in an effort to help identify them. The website also serves as a platform to raise money for damages and give the involved teen’s a chance to rectify their behavior. Holloway even invited them to help clean up for a picnic honoring war veterans being held tomorrow.

“Come out and help set up, fix up, bring food, and picnic stuff, so we can honor these real HEROS,” Holloway writes. “I’m here. Come now. Take a stand for your future. This is called redemption.”

Police confirm that a very large party took place in the rural vacation home, comprised of a main house and guest house in the Berkshire Mountains. No names are being released while the investigation is underway. Police say they have been interviewing underage people who were confirmed attendees of the party.

Any individuals or parents of individuals who attended the party are encouraged to reach out to the Rensselaer County Sherriff’s Office.

Police can neither confirm how the teens entered the home nor give reason for motive.

No arrests have been made at this time.

Unfortunately your browser does not support IFrames.

Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio


Recent posts in National News