(BOSTON) — Authorities are close to identifying a suspect in the deadly Boston Marathon bombing, an official in Boston told ABC News.
Other news organizations recently reported the suspect had already been taken into custody, but both the Boston Police Department and the FBI denied the arrest reports.
A pair of blasts erupted Monday afternoon near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, killing three people and injuring more than 170 others.
Authorities said they have been analyzing thousands of photos of the event and tracking down leads since the bombing. On Tuesday ABC News reported part of a pressure cooker bomb had been recovered from the scene with wires, shrapnel and a circuit board. That evidence has been sent to the FBI lap in Quantico, Va., for analysis, officials said.
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio
Recent posts in National News