(PELHAM, N.H.) — Police say nine people were hurt when a neighborhood fireworks display exploded prematurely on a backyard deck in Pelham, N.H., Tuesday.
Witnesses described hearing what sounded like gunshots coming from the home and at least one resident reported seeing a “huge mushroom cloud” of smoke.
Three of the victims were children. Two of the kids suffered serious burns and were flown to Boston-area hospitals for treatment. The other victims were transported by ambulance to local hospitals.
Residents say that the family holds a neighborhood fireworks display every year and that there were dozens of people at the home at the time of Tuesday’s accident.
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio
Recent posts in National News