Billboard has counted up just how much cash music’s biggest stars have earned over the past year to compile its “Top 40 Money Makers” list, and Taylor Swift comes out on top.
Taylor’s sold-out Speak Now tour helped fill her coffers with 29.8 million bucks, while sales of her albums and digital tracks were in the millions. Songwriting royalties also added to her total, because she wrote all the songs on Speak Now herself — not sharing the money with anyone.
Overall, Billboard estimates that Taylor earned $35,719,902 in the U.S. over the past year — and that’s not counting her lucrative endorsement deals, merchandise sales or overseas earnings, which the publication didn’t make part of its equation.
Country superstar Kenny Chesney came in third with 29.8 million bucks coming in, and Jason Aldean was ninth with $13.4 million. Overall, country stars took 11 of the chart’s 40 positions.
Country Artists on Billboard‘s “Top 40 Moneymakers” List:
34. Sugarland, $5.6 million
28. Zac Brown Band, $6.5 million
27. Keith Urban, $6.6 million
26. Lady Antebellum, $6.7 million
21. Brad Paisley, $8.6 million
19. Tim McGraw, $9.3 million
18. Rascal Flatts, $9.6 million
15. Toby Keith, $10.4 million
9. Jason Aldean, $13.4 million
3. Kenny Chesney, $29.8 million
1. Taylor Swift, $35.7 million
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio
Recent posts in Music News